сряда, 9 април 2014 г.

Darkfever and Bloodfever (Fever #1 and #2) by Karen Marie Moning

Sorry again! I had a crazy weeked and the week is getting crazier by the second. On top of it all it all it seems I have caught the flu. I'm will tryi to write as many reviews as I can. I have already read a hundred (Literary a hundred!) books this year and I haven't reviewed even a third of them!


I don't usually read books about fae, but I decided to try something new now! I'm terribly sorry (Again!) that I'm posting this review just now! So let's begin!

Darkfever (Fever #1)

So, Mac! She isn't the type of girl I like. I mean, she was all...PINK and BLONDE! I don't have anything against blondes. Some of my favourite characters are blondes. But come on! Pink! I liked how she changed though. I know it wasn't because she wanted to change, it was because she was forced to do so, but still. Short black hair! *thumbs up*
Another thing I liked about Mac is that she doubted things. I have read a thousand books where the heroine/hero is told about the exisitence of something supernatural and he/she is like: OK! And that's not how normal people react. Normal real living people will call you crazy and shut the door in front of you if you try to convince them vampires/fae/werewolfs/demons/whatever are real.
And I liked that Mac wasn't so accepting, but then she went into the other extreme. Over reacting! I get it! You are freaked out of what you just saw, but please stop. You saw at least a thousand fae since you arrived in Dublin just believe already.
Generally Mac was not my fav character.
Moving on! I love the world. Maybe love is a too strong word, but still...I have read many good books about fae. Especialy ones where the fae are the bad guys. The Seelie and the Unseelie court and their powers and artifacts...just brilliant!
Now a bit of my oppininon of the Seelie. Ok, so V'lane. This....fae is strange. Well, he is strange for a human, but I guess he is your average (or not so average) Seelie. I laugh out loud every time I read a conversation between him and Mac, because her first instinct is to take her clothes off. That scene in the museum...Oh God! So funny!
And saving the best (and the most confusing) thing for the last.Barrons! This man/whatever he is confuses me so so soooooooo much. What is he? Obviously not human. And will he ever answer a question straight. Ok, some reviews already spoiled me that he is like a thousand years old and he had a son or something. Which is strange, but I'll just keep reading with the hope to find out soon.
I almost forgot the action parts. I loved the moment when Barrons and Mac got the spear and then killing Fae and being a bit badass. That was good. And the Shadows (I'm not sure that's what they were called.) that was good. I like this book. A lot!

Bloodfever (Fever #2)

I loved this book! It was so much better than the first one. So so much better. I think I said most of the basic things in the review on the first book, so I'm not going to be very detailed here.
Mac. Mac grew into a better character. She is not whiny anymore, she is more badass, she doesn't wear pink (very ofter)! I really liked her development as a character. And how dare that bitch try to kill her by living the window open. Really how dare she? What was her name? Fiona! I hate her. Really even a blindman can see there is nothing between Barrons and Mac (yet), but not Fiona. No! She is so jealous. Just...UGH!
Moving on. So Mac got herself into the worst deal with V'lane. That's the first thing that pops into my head now. Just the worst deal ever. You don't just agree to randevous with sme Seelie without saying when and where. And then that moment when she was absent for a month...yeah, that was a problem. In the middle of a "mision" with Barrons Mac pops out of the place and then she is back a month later with a tan and a nothing, but a pair of hot pink bikini and top. Yeah, that was interesting. And I think V'lane was a bit cruel ther. Bringing Mac's sister into the picture so she can stay in the Fae world longer. yeah that was mean. Of course she won't leave if she has the chance to play volleyball and talk with her dead sister.
A thousand things about this book are in my head now and I have a billion questions. The first one is: What the hell was this ending? Mac just...You can't end a book like this! You have to tell the reader where the Sinsar Dubh is and why is it moving and stuff like that! That's not how you end a book.
The second question is: Who killed the inspector? Was it a Shadow or Barrons or someone else? Who the hell was it? I'm so clueless!
And Barrons isn't helping much! This guy needs to answer a question straight for once. I need to get into this guy's head! I just have to. I don't understand him and his motives and his behaviour. I don't think I have ever met a more confusing character!
And then we have the appearance on the Sidhe-seers in this book. Which was a great plot twist. I never really considered Sidhe-seers. I thought they were just people and they turn out to be some kind of organisation or tribe, I guess. And I don't trust them. I just don't. I don't really trust anyone in those books. Everyone has a reason to be evil or cruel or they want something or they want something AND want to sleep with Mac.


I guess that's it! Nothing else comes to my mind about these books. I'll post a few more review today and in the reast of the week. So I'll see ya then! Bye!



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар