събота, 4 януари 2014 г.

Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

So, this is the first book about angels that I loved and I'm happy to review. Thatnks to my Goodreads friend Oksana I finally read it. Thank you for the recomendation.

7488244
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.


Firstly, I want to talk about angels in this book. They are different from normal angels. So Calra is not a full angel, she is just a quarter. A Quartarius. I think that's how you write it. However, she is an angel-blood. All angel-bloods have a purpose. That's why they are on Earth, they have to fulfill this heavenly task. I haven't read that many angel books, but [from what I have read] there has never been such thing as a purpose. Which made me very intrigued. The glory thing! That was totally amazing. I can't quite imagine it, but the way Cynthia Hand described it...WOW! I want to take a moment to tell you what a great wrting style Cynthia Hand has. The bood is set in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and she had described it so well. I really started to love this place and I have never been anywhere near the USA.
Clara! She was a quite enjoyable character. I just can't imagine her with orange hair. I had to look at some of the other covers and I still can't. The thing I liked about her the most was that she wasn't all about her purpose. She thought about everything in her life. Her friends, her family etc.
There was just this little thing that bugged me about her. She was kind of obsessed with Christian, the boy she sees in her visions. I know I just said she wasn't all about her purpose, but she just can't stop thinking abou him. And this annoyed me. And here we come to my next point. The love triangle. I was Team Tucker all the time. Don't get me wrong! Christian seems like a good guy, but he is just too...I don't know. I have read reviews on this book saying that Christian is the better guy for Clara and that he is her destiny, but I just don't agree.  Tucker! Oh, Tucker! He is so on my Favourite biyfriends list. I knew! I just knew he will be a love interest the moment he first appeared. Well, what can I say about him? Tucker is...Tucker. Go read the book and find out what I mean.
And talking about Tucker...Wendy. She was such a sweet little thing. She is kind of the typical "sweet best friend". And I liked that about her. Angela, on the other hand! Ok, I'm suspicious about her. Her fater was a Black Wing (aka. a dark angel)  and her wings are a bit gray. And she is so persistent to know all about angels. I guess it's just curiosity, but still...
THE ENDING! Oh. My. God. I was really going to rate this book 4 stars, but after reading the last few chapters....5 stars, baby! First we have this Black wing that "attacks" Clara and her mom. Which was such an intense scene. I was all: He mother will die! Right? Oh, please don't die!
She didn't die, but I was afraid. Then we have the two fires. It's about saving Tucker or Christian. She chooses Tucker and I think I did a happy dance. Not that I want Christian to die (Ok, only a little bit.) But I surely wanted Tucker to live untill the third book. In the end she saved them both.
And that brings me to my last poin. Christian is an angel-blood. I so didn't expect that. I hope she tells Tucker or he finds out somehow. I don't like them keeping secrets from each other.

That is all I have for you on this book. I'll see ya next time with another book review.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар