петък, 27 декември 2013 г.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer

So Cress is coming soon and I'm very very exited. I decided to re-read the first book.

11235712
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


This was a good read. I'm not disappointed that I bought it, but I wasn't thrilled either. It's a retelling of Cinderella, where the main heroine, Cinder, is a cyborg.
I liked that the stepmother wasn't just that evil figure in the whole story. Yeah, she was still pretty mean to Cinder, but she looked more human. she had lost a husband she had loved (I presume!) and she is still grieving him. And like many people do,she is blaming the newest thing in the house-Cinder. She was doing anything she had to survive. Even if it meant selling Cinder for money or making her daughter marry young.
The prince was...well, he was the prince. Nothing special, nothing extraordinary. He was charming and handsome, but he lacked a brain. I mean, he was going to marry Levana. Are you dumb? Seriously! Are you? She is the queen of evil. The ambassador of Evilland. The empress of Evilness. And you know it. And you still are willing to marry her. And don't tell me it's for the good of the country cause I bet at least half of it is because you think she is beautiful and the other half is simply because you're dumb idiot.
And then here comes the part when at the ball we find out Cinder is one of those people from the moon. And her charm falls. And the prince is like: You lied to me. You never loved me. It was all a lie. Levana take her as your prisoner.You may kill her if you want. (he didn't say that, but he knows that Levana will do it) I don't get it. Do you loved her for her beauty or for her personality. She was clever and funny and she supported you and encouraged you. Yeah, she didn't tell you she was a cyborg, because she didn't want you to run away screaming. Because she may have loved you. But you are too stupid to understand love, aren't you, Charming?
A thing I liked was that not both sisters were mean to Cinder. Of course, the bigger one would be mean, but she was under her mother's influence much more. Peoni I loved. She was so sweet. With her obsession with the prince and everything. I was kind of sad when she got ill. But things at the end of the book got so complicated that I couldn't understand if she died or not.
A thing I couldn't really understand was how androids looked. I got that they are short and I found out about all the things they could do, but I couldn't imagine Iko or Nancy at all. I imagined Nancy mostly like a robotic dog and Iko like some kind of very short robot that moved around on wheels.
so yeah! If I think harder I would be able to write much more. But I'm lazy and I have to finish another book.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар