понеделник, 2 декември 2013 г.

I Heart Hollywood (I Heart #2) by Lindsey Kelk

Christmas is coming so I decided to read some chick-lit so that's what my next two or three review will be about. I read I Heart New York in April and liked it. The second book is even better!

6766226
Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys...enough to lead a girl astray? Angela Clark can't believe her luck! she's an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach. Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss and sunshine. Despite his lady-killer reputation, the only person who seems genuine is James. Then a paparazzi snaps them in an uncompromising position and suddenly Angela is thrust into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons! Can she convince all those close to her -- especially her boss and her boyfriend -- not to believe everything they read? And will Hollywood ever win Angela's heart?

Cover

I just love the covers of almost all chick-lit books. They are always some cute drawing with pastel colors. And I especialy like Lindsey Kelk's book covers.

LA vs. New York

I have never been to LA or New York. LA has the sun and the beaches and the shops and New York is...well, New York is New York! There are bussy streets, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and Starbucks. I know, I know! There is Starbucks everywhere these days, you say. Well, not it Bulgaria. I don't really drink coffee, bit I still want to go to Starbucks!  But if I were Angela I would never want to go to LA again. Like ever! So I guess both New York and LA win!

Romance

O.K. Let's talk about romance. There wasn't a lot of romance in this book, but those rare scenes were so cute and...hot. My love for Alex only grew more in this sequel. He was kinda "jerk" here though, but I don't mind. Angela has been wrong sometimes. I mean, you can't have a crush on every single hot guy if you say you love your boyfriend. It bothered me a little the time when she kissed James, but we all know that boat sank. I wonder why? Hmm... He's gay. I kind of saw it comeing. And you could really guess by looking at Blake who was the jealous girlfriend/boyfriend. I laughed so hard when Angela found them hanging on top of each other in the toilet.

Joe, Jenny, James and other characters

Probably one of the worst characters in the series after Tyler so far is Joe! I really hated this guy by the end of this book. I would have hated him much more if he had really slept with Angela while she was drunk. I'm happy he lost his job. Angela should have let Jenny kick his ass. And talking about Jenny. I really like her. She is crazy and aparty girl, but in this book she wasn't a very good friend. I didn't like that she was pushing Angela to go for James when she knew that Angela loved Alex. Plus she made Angela drink most of the time and then she tells her not to drink so much. And still I'm sad that she decided to stay in LA. I miss her already. Now I want to talk a bit more about James. He was selfish. I mean, he wanted Angela to leave her job and her friends and go live in LA just becuae he didn't want to tell the world he was gay. And the other character I want to talk about is Angela's mom. I don't know what to think about her. I think maybe becuase she is old that's why the author wants to make her look a bit stupid. Because in this book she was like: It's obvious that you have abandoned me and your father. And then: Is this actor your boyfriend or something?
I can't say I hate her, but I don't exactly love her either.

This was a very nice, light read. I will probably read some more chick-lit before the year is over. Can you believe it's already the end of the year? It passed so fast for me! So tell me what you think about this book. Do you prefer LA or New York? Comment!!
I'll see ya next time!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар