вторник, 3 декември 2013 г.

Crewel(Crewel world #1) by Gennifer Albin

11556960
Incapable. Awkward. Artless.
That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen-year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret:
She wants to fail.
Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen to work the looms is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to manipulate the very fabric of reality. But if controlling what people eat, where they live, and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.
Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and used her hidden talent for a moment. Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her dad’s jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because tonight, they’ll come for her.

Cover:

This cover is so much better than the Bulgarian one. In this one you can see the threads and Adelis's face. The Bulgarian cover is just black with photo a of a red-haired girl that looks like photoshopped!

The plot:

The idea of the book is very interesting and original. I like the main character Adelice. She wasn't annoying or stupid, but the first 75% of the book were slow for me. I'm saying it like there are another 75%! :) But the last part of the book was very very good. And the end was just great. That's how most dystopian books should end. I'm not planning on reading the second book soon, because I have other plans before the year is over.

Jost and Erik:

OK! The one most annoying thing in the book was the potential love triangle. I'm not of big fan of love triangles anyway.
SPOILER!!!
 I'm so happy that Adelice chose Jost. I liked him better the whole time. At least I hope she chose Jost! She did, right? I figured out the two of them were brothers pretty fast. Which made me even more annoyed. A love triangle with two brothers and a girl? So Vampire Diaries style! But I'm happy with the way things closed.
SPOILER STOP!!!
 And my only concern is that Adelice will switch the brothers in the second book. Or worse, that I'll switch teams! I mean, it has happend a lot before.

Emily and Adelice's mother: SPOILERS!!

I have thi little theory that Jost's daughter and Emily are actually the same person. I just have this feeling. I'm probably wrong, but still...Maybe they just remaped Adelice's and her parents' brains to make them thing she is their daughter when actually she is not. That would be cool and strange. And where do you think Adelice's mother is? She is alive for sure, but where can she be hiding.

Hourglass:

Now this mark Adelice's father left on her hand. And hourglass. What do you think it means? I think it's like the symbol of revolution agains Aras. And her father was secretly involved in the planning of the revolution. On the other hand it may mean the Adelice has to save Aras. Sort of, like her time is running out. That's why an hourglass.

 I guess that's all. The book is not bad and in the end it's simply amazing. What do you think? Comment, please!
I'll see ya next time!!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар