неделя, 1 декември 2013 г.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

This book was recently translated in Bulgarian and one of my friends asked me if it's good. So I read it.
1217100
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.


This is going to be a short review, not because I didn't like this book, but because I liked it too much. I loved it! It was so sad and so great. I'm going to re-read it someday and I rarely re-read books.

Suicide

I know what it feels like people spreading rumors for you and creating a reputation for you that's not true. No, I never wanted to kill myself. As I have said earlier there are just too many books to read to consider missing any of them. Plus there are so many places to see, people to talk to. That's just high school. Name one person who doesn't have at least one bad memory from high school and college. You can't, right? That's why I think suicide is harsh. How can you want to end your life just because some jerk said something about you? They don't deserve you to die, because of them. And don't you have something good in your life? What about your family, your friends? Your dog? There must be someone who will miss you. But there are those litte things building up. Those little unmemorable, petty thing. And in the end it's too much. Talking about suicide depresses me! Now I want to move on to the book.

Characters

I think it will be good if authors said if their main character is a boy or a girl. Thousands of time when starting a book I have wondered if this character, the one who is talking, is male of female. Like in Maximum ride! I'm reading and the main character is called Max. I think: OK! So the main character is a guy. Then the author mentions long hair. Lot's of guys have long blond hair. And then a nightgown. I was just stared at the book for five minutes, because can you imagine it. A boy with long hair in a nightgown. Soon enough I found out Max was actually a girl. But I got carried away! Again!
So I had a problem figuring out if Clay was a guy or a girl. He was a nice character. Not too popular, not a total nerd. Just a guy! The ones we call normal.
Hannah was an interesting character. I can't really describe her. Every time I tell some of my friends I read a book they always ask how the main hero/heroine looks. I don't pay much attention to the appearance. When I read I always pay attention to the personality and the actions of a character. I think the only heroines I ever paid attention was Clary from the Mortal instruments series.

You know what? I don't have anything else to say about this book! It was amaizing! That's all. I can discuss it in details and I can't tell you the worst of the best moment. It's one of those book I simply love.
I'll see ya next time with another book review!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар