петък, 27 декември 2013 г.

Panic by Lauren Oliver- The NON-SPOILERY REVIEW

So this little ARC came on my Kindle yesterday. I'm pretty sure I looked like a mad woman when I got it. Of course, I sat and read it ASAP. This review will be NON-SPOILERY. I will tell you what I think about some of the characters, but I won't reveal anything major from the plot.

Panic began as so many things do in Carp, a dead-end town of 12,000 people in the middle of nowhere: because it was summer, and there was nothing else to do.

Heather never thought she would compete in Panic, a legendary game played by graduating seniors, where the stakes are high and the payoff is even higher. She’d never thought of herself as fearless, the kind of person who would fight to stand out. But when she finds something, and someone, to fight for, she will discover that she is braver than she ever thought.

Dodge has never been afraid of Panic. His secret will fuel him, and get him all the way through the game, he’s sure of it. But what he doesn't know is that he’s not the only one with a secret. Everyone has something to play for.

For Heather and Dodge, the game will bring new alliances, unexpected revelations, and the possibility of first love for each of them—and the knowledge that sometimes the very things we fear are those we need the most.


I want to tell all the Lauren Oliver fans that this book won't dissappoint you. It's perfect and beautiful. And for those who said that it will turn into a series- I can assure you it won't. I'm starting from there. The ending. It was so well wrapped up. I mean, there were no loose ends, at least not for me. The book is well paced. It doesn't drag and it doesn't make you want to skip pages. But it's not constant action. There are discriptions of people and places and things.
I have read many reviews that say that this book will be like The hunger games. I don't think it is. For one in the huner games people are selected and they have to participate. It doesn't matter that they don't want to. And in The Hunger games the biggest reward that you get is that you live.
I liked the caharacters. Heather more than Dodge. I don't know why. Probably because Heather is a girl. Don't get me wrong I like boys. I'm not a lesbian. But there was something off about Dodge.
Now there were those little romances. I really expected the two main characters to fall in love, however, that didn't happen. Bishop is a great character. I love him. He is great and sweet and I still love him. He and Heather are my new couple to ship.
Then Heather's mother. Ok, that was like...WOW. I can't even write about her. What sort of mother is she? No, I won't spoil the book for you. You have to wait and read.

Ok, I guess this is my NON-SPOILERY review for today. I hope you like it and I hope you like the book too, once it comes out.
See ya!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар