неделя, 10 ноември 2013 г.

Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

OK! It's that time! I think everyone has seen my Divergent review. I did it after I finished Allegiant, because I can't just write a review of the third book withour writing one on the first book.

17383918One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

    But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the
dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.


Reading progress

I just want to take a moment to show you my reading progress. Just because I think it's fun to see:
2% done-  This is not happening! OMG! FOUR's POV! Thank you Veronica Roth! Thank you, thank you, thank you
4% done- So that's what Allegiant is! It's all clearer now!
20% done- He is alive! Didn't expect that! But it's a nice plot twist!
28% done- Now the cover makes sense. It makes sense PEOPLE. Clever, Miss Roth! Very clever!
31% done- My review for this book will be very short. Just on word actually: AMAZING!
40% done- Dear Mattew, I hate you. I'm gonna kill you, because nobody, NOBODY calls Tobias "damaged" in front of me.
43% done- Dear Nita,
Stay away from Tobias, you damaged...woman!
48% done- Dear Four, You better tell Tris about this or I'm going to kill you and it's not going to be pretty. Really, dude! Tell her!
62% done- I know it's strange day when I like Peter!
62% done- The Cult of Four! Good one, Peter! Good one!
70 % done- And make up/make out time! YAY!!
78 % done- Am I happy or what?
92% done- No! She is not dead! She can't be. The book is probably gonnane end up with her opening her eyes. Right?
100% done- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO!!!!
As you can see there are a lot of exclamation marks.

The Ending

We all know that's what everyone's talking about these days. The Ending or as I call it: That time Veronica Roth decided to turn into George R.R. Martin. I have been heearing all kinds of things about this ending. From: That's the worst ending ever! to That was the most beautiful ending ever! I must say I liked the ending. It was very...poetic. I mean, someone had to die. Right? And we all expected it to be Four. I wanted him to die at some point of the book. Don't get me wrong! I love Four. I would love to marry him and live with him, but if I had to choose between Tris and Four, Four will have to die. Cause we all love Tris! Tris has grown on me, because we are alike. Yeah, I know that sounds dull and stupid and I'm not saying that I'm ready to get shot to save my brother. But who knows? Maybe I'll know if I had a brother or a sister to protect! And even if I'm not like a Tris I can't help, but admire her. She is so selfless! I don't think anyone can be that selfless.
But let's continue on The Ending. I had lots of theories for it. 1. Four is gonna die!
2. Chicago will get restarted! 3. Four or Triss will have to take the Memory serum! 4. Happy end!
So, yeah none of those happend, but they would have made great endings, all of them. Well, maybe not the first one.
And now what's going to happen in the future? I bet Four will make the world a better place for Tris's sake. Hell, he'll probably make a statue of her in the center of Chicago!
Oh and one more thing. You all know there are going to be Divergent movies. Imagine how will all of us feel when the third movie comes out. We will have to live trough it all over again. All the tears and the pain and the depression.
I never believed that Tris was really dead. When she saw her mother's "ghost" I thought she was hallucinating and that it's because of the death serum. Or maybe her mother was a divergent and she survived. Was Tris's mom Divergent? I remeber reading about it, but it might have been jist some FanFiction!
 And then they told Four about it and I didn't believe it. I was like: No, she is alive! Thay only think she is dead! Or she is in coma and she is gonna wake up in the end of the book! The book is probably gonna end on her opening her eyes! Yes, that's how books end! Alas, I stopped believing it when they scattered her ashes. Now I won't talk about this anymore, because I'm going to cry again. I almost cried in Maths today when a friend of mine told me she had just started "Insurgent". A fangirl can only take this much feels for less than 24 hours!

Character deaths (I blame Four!!):

So Uraih! Poor great cool funny Uraih! I'll miss him very mutch. I felt like: Ok, so Tris died, but Uraih's going to live! Right? Nope, not a chance! And I must say that his death was an accident and I don't blame anyone.......Who am I kidding? I blame Four! You should have listened to you girlfriend you stupid hot-headed sexy idiot! But you got what you deserved. Well, almost! Zeke should have punched you. That would have taught you! And talking about how Four was stupid, lets talk about Nita! I never liked her. She just had that vibe that shouted "bad" around her. I'm happy she ended in prison. And if you have been following my reading updates you have already seen the "kind" note I wrote her!
Umm...Where was I? Sorry I got distracted by Percy Jackson! So many fandoms, so little time! *sight* Oh, yeah! Another character  I'm gonna miss very very much is Tori! Dear, badass Tori. Oh, she could have had a happy ending! If she had gotten to the campground she could have met her brother and she could have been happy. But she didn't! She died! Thank you very much, Miss Roth! I really thought she will be a part of the team that reaches the Fence. And then she just died. Like that! I always remebered her as a great person, I mean character. She was good to Tris and helped her, but I recently re-read Insurgent and she wasn't very likable in it. She didn't trust Tris and she was just so obsessed with killing Janine!

Petere, Christina and other people who are still alive:

Now Peter time! There were these moments in the book where I really liked him! I know people hate him, but he saved Tris's life a few times and in this book we find oyt that this acident with Edward was really an accident. I wish Veronica Roth had told us what really happend. And in this book those little jokes with Four and stuff. I'm happy things ended well for him. Yeah, he chose the cowardy way by getting the Abneration serum, but he was happy. For some people is too hard to live with awful things they have done. And he chose to forget them. Case closed!
Christina. Blessed, saint Christina! She was a great friend and her and Tris's realtionship lasted so long. They stayed friends until the end. And yeah, they had a great big fight, because Tris shot Will, but they got over it. And there was this friendship between Christina and Four after Tris died. Christina stopped Four from taking The Abneration serum and she was there for him. I think Christina lost almost all people she loved. I mean, this girl must be cursed to love guys who die. And now you say "There was only Will!" But I'm sure there could have been something between her and Uraih. Am I the only one who saw it?
Four's mother was...well, I liked her in the end. That moment when she gave up ruling Chicago for her son was just great. And when they meet again they are like a family and she is there for him.
Caleb! I stopped liking him in the end of the first book. I had this feeling he is not gonna be good and I was right. He shouldn't have let Tris take the serum instead of him. Yep, I blame him.

Tris and Four relationship:

Tris anf Four's realtionship was up and down in this book. In Divergent it was all perfect and lovely. Kisses and love, love, love! In Insurgent we get the first fight, the lies and so on. And in Allegiant they are in some middle ground. They fight, but theu still love each other. That made their ralationship seem much more real.

Quotes:

This book is big on quotes. Funny quotes and clever ones. I'm just going some of my favourites with you:

But that wasn´t the first time I ever saw her. I saw her in the hallways at school, and at my mother’s false funeral, and walking the sidewalks in the Abnegation sector. I saw her, but I didn’t see her; no one saw her the way she truly was until she jumped. I suppose a fire that burns that bright is not meant to last.
 
I  didn't know that idiocy caused people to just start spontaneously bleeding from the nose.
The first step to loving someone else is to recognize the evil in ourselves, so we can forgive them.
 “Yes," she says, her eyes bright with tears. "My dear child, you've done so well.” (This one always makes me cry!)
Being honest doesn't mean you say whatever you want, wherever you want. It means that what you choose to say is true.
 It's Not sacrifice if it's someone else's life you're giving away, it's just evil.
About the last quote. Who the hell said that? I'm pretty sure that was the thing that made Tris go in the Weapons room instead of Caleb!

Ok! So I guess that's it! I'll see you next time with another book review!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар