вторник, 26 ноември 2013 г.

Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Ok! So I just finished this book today and I must say this one is my favourite so far. This series just keeps getting better.

The Covers

This is not exactly connected to this book, but to all the books in the series. What's with those covers? Why do they have to be all Kat and Daemon? Can they just make some covers with an opal necklase or an obsidian blade or onyx or something? Have you seen the cover of the next book? Don't get me wrong! I love Daemon, but this is a bot to much. I'm not a fan of covers with half naked guys.

The Ending (Spoilers!)

Really? Everyone has been raving about the ending of this book and what an epic cliffhanger it is. Well, I figured it out before that and really it's not suprising at all. I won't be suprised by the next book either. Someone already spoiled it for me! Thank you very much my dear friends on Goodreads! I have the fourth book already so it's not such a big problem!

Romance

Of course, we get a lot of Katy and Daemon in this book! They had a love/hate realationship in the first book. Then they proved their love in the second one and now it's time to be happy in the third book. Well, as happy as they can be with the DOD and Will. I loved their romance and that it wasn't very cheesy or something. They got really romantic in this book. I almost expected Kat to end up pregnant.

Dee

I really wanted to slap Dee at times in this book. Yeah, she is having a hard time with Adam's death, but isn't she being a bit dramatic over it. She never really showed that much affection towards Adam. They went on dates and they had sex. That's all! And what has Kat done? Did she kill Adam? NO! It was Blake. So stop being a bitch, woman!

Blake and Love triangles

Ok! I think we all know Blake loves Katy. But Katy and Blake....not happening. So technically there is no love triangle. I don't know why authors these days love writing love triangles. Maybe because people won't read their book without a love triangle. That's just some authors. Love triangles are very hard to write. Most of the time they annoy the hell out of me. Like the one in Twilight! God I hate this one!
But lest go back to Blake. I did the awful mistake of trusting him. Again. And he betrayed my trust. Again! Really can't this guy choose if he wants to be good or bad.

Dawson

With Dawson back I was afraid there will be some accident when Kat doesn't set apart Daemon and Dawson and something like that. And then Kat and Daemon will fight about it and break up. Thankfully that didn't happen. Dawson was all sad and depressed about Beth. I loved that moment when he and Daemon and Kat were watching zombie movies. It was hillarious. Aliens watching movies about zombies! I have more to say about Dawson, but I just can't remember right now!

That's everything, I guess! Have a good week and I'll post more later!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар