събота, 30 ноември 2013 г.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

5899779“It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.”

So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she’s soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers—and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield. Can Elizabeth vanquish the spawn of Satan? And overcome the social prejudices of the class-conscious landed gentry? Complete with romance, heartbreak, swordfights, cannibalism, and thousands of rotting corpses, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you’d actually want to read.


I don't have much to say about this book. I have seen this book on Goodreads thousands of times and I never really thought of reading it. Then last month I decided to pick it up. I started liking zombie books this year and I'm a big fan of Jane Austen so why the hell not! I can't say that the book was changed that much from the original. There werea few fights with zombies and they mentioned them, but that's all. When I looked at this cover I always expected the main characters to be zombies.

Characters

I really liked Elizabeth in this book. I dare say thet she was better than in the original. This Elizabeth was kick-ass zombie slayer.
Darcy was....well, Darcy. Extra annoying in the beginning. Zombies flood the ballroom and he just stands there and watches while Elizabeth and her sisters fight them off. It's one thing not wanting to dance, but this!
And then comes Mr Collins. The pain-in-the-ass-collins. I just hate him so much. He is the most irritating character in the whole universe. I especialy hate that moment when he proposes to Elizabeth and she refuses, but he keeps asking her, thinking she is acting hard to get. Ughhh!
Then- Lady Cathrine. She was the same, but this time she was bragging about her great skills in "the deadly arts". I think she was jealous of Elizabeth! I know it's a stupid thing to say and even to think, but that's my opininon. When Elizabeth killed three of her ninjas blindfolded, Lady Catherine just walked out of the room without saying a thing. I so wanted Elizabeth to kill Lady Cathrine at the dodjo when she visited. I really thought she will do it for a moment, but alas...no such luck.
I won't talk about the end when Darcy and Elizabeth fought together. I was great, but the author should have described it. It wouldn't have been this hard really.

I told ya! I don't have much to say. The book was good, but I still like the original better!
I'll see ya next time with another review!!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар