събота, 30 ноември 2013 г.

Hush Hush (Hush hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Here it comes! The book that took me two years to read is finally finished.

6339664A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

Covers:

I know I have been talking a lot about book covers in my last few reviews and I might be getting a bit annoying, but still. The book covers of all the books in this series are "simply outstanding". I'm quoting a friend here! I can't believe in took me so long to get this cover. I have been just staring at it for so long and I couldn't figure out what was on it, because I was just looking at the wings and last month I just looked at it and I was like: Oh God! This is a falling angel. I'm serious! All I saw on this cover for a whole year where the wings and I didn't even now they were wings. I though they were feathers that where supposed to form something. I know, I know! I'm pretty stupid.

Romance:

Lots of people have been saying that those books are like Twilight and I have to agree with them. Nora is a better version of Bella and Patch is a hell of a better Edward. I mean, at least we know Patch isn't a 100 year old virgin. (No offence to all the Twilight fans! I like Twilight myself, but come on!) And I liked Nora and Patch's relationship. It wasn't instant love. More of a hate-turns-into-love sort of thing. And then another sort of Twilight-ish thing. He was trying to kill her, but couldn't. And of course the book ending with the kiss again Twilight-ish.

Bad guys, The ending and stuff like that:

Ok, so I really thought it was Elliot. There was something suspicious about Jules, but I though he was simply helping. And I never guessed either of them is actually a fallen angel. And then comes the ending in the school gym. There things get blurry for me. I always get confused with endings like that and have to read every page at least twice to understand what the hell just happend!

That's all I have to say for this book. I know it's not much, but I really wasn't that facinated and it wasn't awful either. I'm rating it 3.5 stars. From what I hear about the second book, Creschendo, is giving me the Beautiful darkness sort of vibe. You know what I mean. And I have a feeling Dabaria is going to return and cause some troubles.
I'll see ya next time with another review!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар