сряда, 27 ноември 2013 г.

World After (Penryn and The End of Days #2) by Susan Ee

This is a book that came out a week ago.  If you haven't read it then what have you been doing in the last week? Go read it! NOW!

12983100
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


I read Angelfall in August and I liked it. I mean I liked it much, but the second book....Oh, this book I want to hug. I just love it. I find books about angels hard to write, because I haven't read a good book about angels before this trilogy. I tried reading Fallen by Lauren Kate, but it was so slow! And I'm curently reading Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and I'm not impressed!

Raffe

I really expected him to appear earlier in the book. And when I say "appear" I mean him and Penryn meeting. I loved the moment they met. How they were just staring at each other and Raffe had this expresion on his face. I was just grinning like a Cheshire cat for the rest of the book. I just love Raffe, but his name is still making me laugh. How could the author make a nickname from Rafael? And for those of you who don't know, Raffe is also the name of a Bulgarian singer. He is around twenty and he is short, a bit of fat and has brown hair. He is a good singer though. But try imagining him as book Raffe. Yeah, I know!

Paige

We had a lot of focus on Paige in this book. What happend to her and what they did to her was just awful. Having those things done to a little girl *Shiver!* And then the Stockholm syndrome! Maybe it's true that Beliel was the nicest person to Paige, I mean, as nice as he can be. Right? He understood her, but that doesn't mean Paige is a monster like he said. I was mad at Penryn at some points of the book, because she won't look Paige in the eyes. Her sister is suffering and she won't even look at her. What kind of sister are you?

Pookybear 

That's one of the best swords in the whole Universe! And the name is great. Don't you dare say it's a stupid name. Everyone is afraid of that name. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. I loved the moment when the sword was helping Penryn to learn how to fight by creating those visions or maybe those were jsut glimses of the past.

Panryn's mother

 And Penryn's mom was as crazy as ever. In a good way. I think my favourite moment was when they said there was this woman running aroud opening the fire exits and Penryn was like: This is probably my mom! And I was very shocked when I found out she had stolen this prototype her husband was working on. He got fired for it and left them. What the hell? Who does such a thing? I guess a crazy person!

Dee/ Dum

I almost missed two of the most hillarious and great characters. I loved them and the fact that they are alway suggesting fights between girls. That always makes me laugh! Dee and Dum weren't a big deal in this book. I mean, they were. They helped Penryn, as always, but they made an apearance like twice so....

This book is just a big ball of awesomeness and kick-ass-ness and a little romance. And it's totally worthed! Go read it! And comment!
See ya next time! Probably tomorrow!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар