вторник, 26 ноември 2013 г.

The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 01 by Mizue Tani and Ayuko (Ilustrator)

Are you ready for another small review? I'm going to be posting a longer one after this one, but that would be tomorrow! I promise! So I got into manga this summer and I haven't stopped reading it since then. Not that I have read that much, but what I have read I have almost always loved. This one is no exeption!
 
12685077
Lydia Carlton is a fairy doctor,one of the few people with the ability to see the magical creatures who share our world. During one of her rare trips to London to visit her father, Lydia’s quiet life is suddenly transformed when she is rescued from kidnappers by a mysterious young man! Edgar Ashenbert claims to be descended from the human ruler of the fairy kingdom, and he urgently needs Lydia’s help to find and claim his birthright, the legendary sword of the Blue Knight Earl. Things will never be the same for Lydia as she is pulled into a dangerous quest against dark forces!
 
If this manga was a YA novel I would have read it and loved it and I would have talked about it until the whole world read it, but sadly this is a manga and people in Bulgaria don't read manga.

Characters

I liked Lydia. She was a good character. She wan't whiny and helpless, but she wasn't some super strong and badass, knife-throwing girl. I'm not sure I like Edgar very much though. He is still a mystery. How much of what he told Lydia is true and what part of it was a lie? Does he like her? I mean, he obviously will, in the future! Is he really a decendant of the Blue knight? So many questions! I hpe at least some of them are answered in the next volume. Also Nico! He was a great character. I mean, he is a cat, but still. That's one cat that's probably cleverer than me!
I have a ton more questions! Why is Huskly traing to kidnap Lydia and kill Edgar? What happen in the end of this book? Are Lydia and her father going to meet?

Time

Also, I love books set in the 19th century. That's why I love the Infernal Devices trilogy so much. And imagine the 19th century with fairies. Just awesome! Awesome!
 
Ok! Tomorrow I promice I'm going to post three longer reviews. Thirteen reasons why and World after are the first two books. I won't tell you the last one. Let's keep it a surprise for now! 
 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар