събота, 30 ноември 2013 г.

Origin (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Here it comes! The review of the week! The one I promised to write like two days ago! I'm sorry it took so long it has been a crazy week at school.

13644052
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone.
Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together.

Cover

Again, I want to protest against the cover. If I didn't know how awesome those books are and if I saw this book in the bookstore I wouldn't have looked at it twice and let's not talk about buying it. But enough on this. Let me tell you just what a fast read this was. It felt like I read it for less than an hour.

The Great Escape

Am I the only one who thinks that Kat and Daemon figured out how to get out of Area 51? I mean, they say that they stayed there 4 months, but it felt like days when you read it. I wish they had stayed there a bit longer and found out more about the Origin. But I'm still happy that they got out of there. And my favourite part...Blake is dead! YAY! I have never been so happy about a character dying. He deserved it.

Kat and Daemon

In this book we have the Kaemon feeling full on. I was just so happy about them. They had a hard time and they still had time to be in love and have sex. LOL And yeah, we are on the run, but let's get married. I'm also very happy about them geting married. I was just laughing so hard just because I was happy. And they used names from Sweet evil. I think I was going to die laughing.

Dee, Luc, Archer and other characters

I'm just glad that Dee is back to her happy, good self and Kat and her are friends again. Plus I think there might be something between her and Archer in the future. I mean, it's obvious! Speaking of Archer, I really wish to find out more about him. He is still a mystery for now. And since Blake, I can't trust anyone. I think, Luc was my favourite character. He can't be trusted and that's clear as day, but still he is hillarious at times. Like this moment in the motel when everyone is talking in the room and he enters the room and says: Hey, guys! I brought doughnuts! Again LOL!
Now Ash and Andrew are dead! Ta da! I want to thank everyone who spoiled this for me. I would have died crying if I hadn't known they would die. I just started to hate Ash and she dies. Same thing with Mattew. I just started liking him and he betrayed them.
Beth and Dawson. And Beth is pregnant! I'm so happy for them! (I think the word happy is the most used word in this review!) It's good to see Dawson doing something else than being grumpy and sad. Like smiling, for example. I read the shors prequel to the series from Dawson and Beth's POV. The DOD has changed both of them a lot.

 The ending

I'm not happy with the placae this book ended. It's not because of the cliffhanger, but becuase it's not what I expected. When I first read the synopsis I thought that Kat and Daemon will choose different sides and this wil happen in the middle of the boo. Instead I get two sentences about choosig a side on the last page and then the book ends. I think I might have some missing pages.

I guess this is it! All of it!
I'll see ya next time with another book review!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар