сряда, 27 ноември 2013 г.

Born wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood

11715276This book has been on my shelf for ages and I finally read it!!

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they’re witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word... especially after she finds her mother’s diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family’s destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren’t safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.


Cate, Maura, Tess

The three sisters were quite different. I liked Maura the best, becaue she reads a lot and I read too. THe fact that she was a lesbian doesn't lessn my love for her. She is very impulsive and hot headed and that's like describing me. Tess was a great character too. She was the youngest so of course we won't focus on her so much, but she was so happy for most of the book. I guess, Cate is my least favourite of the three. She was over-protective. I know she wanted to protect those she loves and I would do the same, but what she did was a little bit too much. I mean, can't she be herself for one second. Just stop thinking about the others and think about herself.

The love story

We all know this was actually a love story, it doesn't matter that the book ended like that. And again there was a love triangle. My "favourite"! And, of course, she is going to choose Finn. He was clever, he read books and he was strong. What did you expect? Paul never stood a chance. He is the childhood friend that never gets to be more than a friend. Plus he was annoying.

The prophecy

As I though the prophecy was left for the next two books. We will know about it then. The author is trying to confuse the reader by giving all three sisters Mind magic, but we all know it's Cate. Right? Ok, I'm not sure. I may be Maura. And Tess seems like a choice too. God, I don't know!

The Ending

I saw the ending coming and yet I had some hope that everything can end well. Cate will marry Finn and she will be near her sisters and the Sisterhood will leave them alone and then Happy End. No such luck! They just had to use her family against her and they didn't even let her say goodbye to Finn. I so hoped that she will explain everything to him, but no. She left him feeling miserable. I hope she meets him again in the second book and apologises and they get together again.

This was an enjoyable book. I won't be reading the second one any time soon though!
See ya next time!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар